Produce Manager Role and Responsibility
This is an Operations position responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Produce Department, which includes quality control, inventory control, inbound receiving and outbound processing. This position will manage a team of 3 to 5 associates and be responsible for managing all functions of the produce department.
- Manage produce quality to ensure nothing leaves the building that is not up to our superior produce standards.
- Manage the receiving process, evaluating produce quality before accepting inbound freight. Must be familiar with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), receiving product into the WMS system, and binning product into correct locations using WMS.
- Work with Produce buyers to ensure proper inventory levels, while providing insight and suggestions on
- produce trends, inventory needs and seasonal / new items.
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred.
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and report information to Finance, Operations, and
- Merchandise departments.
- Manage the inventory control and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets.
- Organize and facilitate product loss meetings and identify the root causes for waste.
- Responsible for performance management and development of produce associates.
- Manage the Product Recall process.
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification preferred. Must be able to obtain within a year of employment.
- 3 to 5 years of produce operations and inventory control management.
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft 365.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong working knowledge of food products unique climate needs for storage
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must Have a valid Driver’s License