A Canton Ohio based, fast growing, family-owned wholesale food distribution company is now seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager with proven managerial, strategic planning experience to lead a staff of over 30+ to oversee all of our warehouse operations. This role will be highly involved in the successful transition from our current facility to our newly built 150,000+ square foot distribution center in the Canton area. Our mission statement is: We strive to create eternal value by honoring God in all we do. This is reflected in how we conduct our business and how we care for our employees our greatest asset.
- Responsible for all training and onboarding of new hires as well as leading, coaching and holding accountable day and night shift supervisors.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, sanitation, maintenance, and inventory control.
- Responsible for the accuracy of in inventory control, out-of-stocks, receiving errors and selection errors.
- Responsible for warehouse equipment, including lift trucks, and pallet jacks. Responsible for holding operators accountable for equipment damage. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions. Responsible for all team members to have needed certification to safe and proper use of all equipment.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace through supervisory floor activity, following all OSHA, Food Safety, local and company regulations. Responsible for assigning sanitation assignments for all shift over-laps.
- 8 years related experience in shipping/receiving/stockroom management.
- 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases, implementation experience a plus.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Strong people leadership skills through a culture of accountability and metric driven objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an understanding of internal customer relationship building.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint).
- Must have ability to work on weekends as needed.